Diet Adventures of currymunchin in 2010

.....My weightloss saga for 2010...........

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The time to weigh has arrived.....

The time to weigh has arrived....drum roll......The past 3 days have been great. My beloved husband and I went out of town for a well deserved break. We went to Maffra for one night where we stayed at someones place..messy place....although we were eternally grateful for a roof over our heads for the night...it was a lovely house but also a messy one!! I being the queasy one - did not shower that night and this for me is unusual as I am someone that cannot sleep without a shower at night!!! The next morning the husband and I went along a lovely bike trail from Maffra to Stratford - a round trip of 21 km. I was quite proud of myself. We rewarded ourselves with a blueberry muffin and a skinny latte once we arrived in Stratford. I for one did not feel guilty and felt as though I had earned it. Lately I have been liking the feeling of EARNING calories back from the calorieking demon for activities such as cycling, walking etc so that if I have indulged then no worries...all is not lost with the world. However later in the piece of this blog - I will pay for feeling relaxed for one - losing guard and taking things a tad easier than they should be.We found ourselves at Meeniyan by the end of the day and this is where we set up post for the night. Very quickly we even managed to squeeze in a 6km ride in the fading light. Dinner was at the next door pub and although I had ordered grilled snapper and salad and chips - most of my chips went to husband dearest and I didnt even enjoy the snapper as it had way too many bones for my liking. In the morning, R and I went cycling from Meeniyan to Buffalo - a 22km round trip. In Buffalo we had a coffee and a yoyo but of course I had earned it as I was cycling......so this bit will not be discussed. By the time we got back to Meeniyan we were starving and so drove off to Fish Creek where we stopped for lunch. I ordered a chicken foccacia with a small Greek salad. Of course the chicken focaccia came as a chicken burger and although not ultra healthy - let me remind you that I had done a long ride and so the burger even was fine until I decided to order a coffee and ended up with a sticky date pudding with a coffee!!@#$%^& WHAT WAS I THINKING?I am now safely esconsed in my bed in Melbourne and filling out my eatings - in calorieking only to discover that I may have been within the calorie range but had blown out the fat and carb levels on both days. Moral of the story? Is there a moral to this? Well i think the bottom line is that I cannot afford to get oversmart and think I am one step ahead and that I have it all figured out......each day is a learning experience and I will have to take very small steps and only when I have achieved at least half the journey can I claim to say that I know something. Until then the temptations will always be there. It is after all so very easy to slip up that I dont even realise half of the time.Meanwhile the weighing in is overdue as I was away and I have now started a period where no doubt I will store water and feel bloated. Ominous signs this. Anyway, I think tomorrow will have to be a better day. I will have to make sure I go to gym and blast some calories away before I weigh myself.+++++++++++WATCH THIS SPACE UNTIL THEN!!!+++++++++++++++++

No comments: