Diet Adventures of currymunchin in 2010

.....My weightloss saga for 2010...........

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The last time I was <100 kilos.....last century sometime!!!

Tonight, at 8pm I have decided to commence my weightloss journey. I currently weight 112 kilos and my aim is to weigh 60 kilos. I suppose that makes it a weightloss of 52 kilos. A very challenging goal this. I start completely determined to give it my best shot yet and save my life to be able to live it to the best I can.I have never been someone that has been skinny but when I think of when my weight began to creep up, I can associate it to going to Scotland on a scholarship. This is the first time I saw the world of frozen food and its uniqueness to me. After all I came from a country where the only things frozen were ice creams and all else I ever ate had been fresh and boring. Boring chicken curry, aubergine 'bharta' (grilled aubergine, then mashed and spices added), plain and simply boring indian food. Frozen food was cool. I had read about it in books and always wondered what it tasted like and so I indulged in the made land of endless food isles and ready made frozen foods. I also indulged in all the various ice creams and chocolate that I could lay into. By the end of the 12 month period, my mother wept when she saw me. I had ballooned to over a 100 kilos!!!Since then I can only remember constant abuse of food - when I moved to Australia, the battle of the bulge continued and although my fascination with frozen food had ended post Scotland, the weight had continued to creep up. Australia in my first 7.5 years had been very very stressful. From being an international student to finding a job, a place to live during Grand Prix time when at one point I may have had to live in a phone box!!, endless visa stuff ups and bad immigration lawyers followed by worse choice of boyfriends and then a merry go round of another bad boyfriend, and another - all of my 7.5 years in Australia aged me and tired me an additional 10 years and I have grey hair (at least 200 strands!) to prove it - each time I lost a bit more self love and to combat all this - food was the answer. I ate and ate and it became my best friend. I wanted to be alone and I was happy with it and the way I saw it - I was waiting to die one day buried in a mound of food!!............But then one day I met the love of my life and to cut a long story short, 18 months later we are married and happy. Correction......madly and insanely and obscenely happy. He was ironically Australian and made all the tough years in Australia worth it. Maybe Australia decided to give me one of its own to heal me. A breast cancer scare also happened along the way somewhere. Luckily thats all it was...a scare... and so I want to be healthy, strong and make the most of my life. I also believe health is everything and I just dont know where to start. This is my millionth attempt and this time I hope I will succeed... So here goes....

No comments: